Monday 6 January 2014

12 hours, 12 degrees

3:15pm in Blairgowrie and it's 8ºC. 3:15am in Sydney and it's 20ºC. I still don't own any shorts.

I do now own a suitcase, though. But I haven't put anything in it yet because I've just been spending my time alerting my bank, arguably at the latest possible moment, that I'm off to the other side of the world. I also tried to apply for a new kind of bank account but apparently that's the kind of thing that takes a couple of days to process or something and I probably shouldn't have left it to the day before leaving to try and do that or some shit? Bankers eh, am I right? #brokenbritain

For those of you who might want to maintain some kind of reasonably consistent contact with me, I'm keeping my phone, and so I'll be keeping all the apps I have on it. In other words, I probably don't like you enough to text or phone you from Australia because that will cost a lot of money, but if I'm in a place with wi-fi then you might be lucky enough to get a message or photo or something. At risk of being inundated with adoring internet fans, my username on Twitter and Snapchat is rumrapture, and my username on Instagram is cwwg. (The former is one I made on a gaming forum when I was 14. The latter is a product of latent po-facedness that hit me at 21.)

But whatever I don't care if you add me because I'm going to have loads of amazing fun in Oz yeah?

(Please add me. I want to preempt the inevitable homesickness.)

WHAT WAS THAT I COULDN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE FUN IN THE SUN

No comments:

Post a Comment